Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Joseph's countdown to Christmas

Every morning when Joseph wakes up, the first thing he says (after the appropriate "good mornings") is, "may I check the calendar on your phone please, mama?"

After getting my phone and checking the calendar he makes a beeline to his work table to change his calendar. Then he sings his song about the current day. Today's song will be:
"Today is Monday. Today is Monday. All Day Long. All Day Long. Tomorrow will be Tuesday. Tomorrow will be Tuesday. I can't wait. I can't wait." (to the tune of Frère Jacques.)

Now that we are into the Christmas season Joseph has added three more items to his morning ritual. Second stop: the stocking holder countdown until Christmas.Then we head to the drawer in the kitchen to open a tab on the Cars Advent Calendar. (This was sent to him last year from a family member and since it arrived in a decorated envelope, I just put it under the tree. Since it didn't get opened until Christmas, we are using it this year.
Finally, he heads to our latest Christmas decoration addition - the Advent Tree. Here he takes a miniature ornament out of the appropriately numbered pocket and hangs it on the tree. (I got this idea at Moms N More a couple of weeks ago and was thrilled when I realized I already had everything I needed to make this except for the dowel rod and paint for the numbers. I even had enough mini ornaments for the pockets!)

0 comments: