Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Scary Duck

Joseph had so much fun during his big-boy bath at Nana and Papa's that I wanted to transition him to our tub instead of just sitting in the sink. So I got out the inflatable duck that was given to us as a shower gift and blew it up while Joseph was napping yesterday. I thought he'd have a lot of fun playing in it first and then we'd give him his bath in it today. Well - let me try to describe to you the scene of Joseph meeting his new bath tub. (Keep in mind - Joseph hasn't met a toy he didn't like or usually, love.)


Round 1 - He woke up from his nap and I took him to the living room where we sat down beside the duck. Joseph stared. I petted the duck. I sat Joseph in the duck. Joseph started crying. Usually I feed Joseph as soon as he wakes up so I thought he was showing his displeasure to this variation of the routine. I took Joseph out of the duck and fed him.

Round 2 - I took Joseph back to the duck. I lift Joseph to put him in the duck. Joseph goes stiff. Joseph spreads his stiff legs so that his feet hit the sides of the duck. Joseph gets red. Joseph lets out a shriek such as I have never heard before. Joseph flips himself around in my arms, puts his arms around my neck and buries his head in my chest and sobs. Joseph lifts head occasionally to see if duck is still there. It is. More head buried sobbing.

Result - Scary duck is now in the dining room and Joseph is no longer traumatized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you have to admit the duck does look rather menacing LOL :) I guess if I saw a duck three times my size I would probably play dead and them cry as well. What a funny story.

Val said...

Big, mean duck! I can't blame him...but what a cute bathtub. :o) He'll love it about the time he outgrows it. :o) Murphy's law, and all that...