Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Sorry Mama

Last week I was giving Joseph some ravioli in the living room. Bad decision on my part but equally bad decision on his part to spit one bite out onto the couch. I was able to get the stains out . . .after a long "discussion" about how we don't spit things out on the couch.

Fast forward.

Last night our poor little booger had some tummy issues. I kind of felt it coming on all afternoon and wasn't too surprised when he threw up all over the couch (although surprised enough not to have a bucket handy). After I cleaned him up and had him wrapped in a towel, we had the following conversation.

Joseph: "I spit it out on the couch"
Mama: "yes - you spit it out on the couch"
Joseph: "sorry mama"
Mama: "it's ok Joseph. you couldn't help it! Mama is sorry you're sick."
Joseph: "sorry mama. sorry I spit it out on the couch. sorry mama. sorry mama."

How is that for precious?

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww sweet boy hope he is feeling better. Hope your couch is feeling better too! Yuck. I hate throw up messes. I have learned the hard way that if I even think they may be sick to the stomach I cover anything and everything with all the beach towels in the house. Now Rose gets a little nervous when the beach towels come out and says I don't want to throw up!