Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Natalie & Megan / Frank & Joe

Subconsciously I expected Jacob to look like Joseph as a baby. After he was born we just kept looking at him, surprised by the dark hair and olive skin. Once I compared him to my baby picture it made more sense. And then I thought about my sisters. Natalie is tall, blue-eyed and blond. Megan is petite, brown-eyed and brunette. Then another similarly colored sibling duo popped into my mind . . . Frank & Joe Hardy. I know - fictional - but I was a fan in Jr. High and still have Hardy Boy and Nancy Drew books on my shelves. I will even admit that I've read some of them recently (as in the last year). But I decided to keep my revelation to myself.

Until this conversation a few days later:
Dad: you know who your boys remind me of?
Me: who?
Dad: Frank & Joe Hardy
Me: I know, right???!!!!!

as further example of how weirdly our minds work alike . . . . this conversation took place a few months after I got my first car at 16:

Me: So when I have my windshield wipers on intermittent I can count to 16 between wipes.
Mom: you count between the wipes? That's kind of weird.
Dad: It's 18 in the truck.

0 comments: