Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

On the menu

I've decided to take a cue from a couple of my friends and start listing some of our weekly menus. I usually make our menu on Monday along with a grocery list and organize the appropriate coupons. Then Tuesday (while Joseph is at school) I go to the store. A couple of my current favorite websites for menu ideas are: Budget Bytes and A Year of Slow Cooking.

This week's menu:

Tuesday:
Hot Dogs
Baked Beans
Tater Tots
Broccoli
(we brought back some leftover beans from Christopher's parents and I had hot dogs, buns and broccoli in the freezer. The only thing that had to be purchased was the tots!)

Wednesday:
Enchiladas
(Christopher's boss was scheduled for surgery yesterday and I was planning on making a pan of enchiladas to take to his family. I made enough for us to have some for dinner as well.)

Thursday:
Red Beans & Rice
(this is a Budget Bytes recipe.)

Friday:
Indian Spiced Lentils with Chicken
(a Year of Slow Cooking recipe.)

Saturday:
lunch - leftovers
dinner - homemade pizza (growing up we had pizza every Saturday evening for dinner. we have continued that tradition)

Sunday:
lunch - Peppercini Pot Roast Sandwhiches
dinner - leftovers
(the peppercini pot roast is so easy to make. just put a roast in the crock pot with a jar of peppercini rings including the juice. pull it apart with a fork and put it on buns. top that with provolone slices and stick under the broiler. so delicious!)

Monday:
lunch - BLTs
dinner - Pasta Salad with Chicken
(my pasta salad varies from one making to the next as I don't really have a recipe. in addition to the pasta I usually add a cucumber, grape tomatoes, onion and greek salad dressing. the chicken I will bake first with some Zeus seasoning.)

0 comments: