Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mr. Sauders

So I was reflecting the other day about how I got "here" from "there" and realized that there was a pivotal person in my life - my fifth grade teacher Mr. Sauders. This isn't to say that my parents, sisters, friends, etc. didn't help shape me into the person I am today. However, if Mr. Sauders had not been my teacher, the following may or may not have happened.

I may/may not have gone to Grace College. Mr. Sauder's wife is an English professor there. He set-up my potential student visit. While on that visit I spent the night in his daughter's dorm room. I became friends with his daughter and her roommates. His daughter, Cathy, was later my roommate.

I may/may not have moved to Nashville. After college, Cathy and a couple of other friends moved to Nashville. Rachel & I went for a visit and decided to move there also.

I may/may not have met Christopher. After moving to Nashville I began attending Christ Community Church where Christopher also attended.

We may/may not have gotten married. In the may not scenario, I would also have not moved to Charleston, had Joseph, moved to Little Rock, had Jacob.

So - thank you Mr. Sauders.

0 comments: