Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

plants


So when the actual time came to leave Charleston I was doing a pretty good job of holding it together emotionally. I had everything organized and packed. . . . ready to go. And then the mover explained to me that my plants had to stay behind. Plants = straw that broke the camel's back. I tried not to boo hoo in front of him. I had nurtured these plants and they brought out something very sentimental in me. The gorgeous peace lily had been sent by friends when my Grandma passed away. The others had been sent to the hospital when Joseph was born. I felt like I was leaving a piece of me behind. I cried. I could not replace them.
A couple of days after Jacob was born and we were home, a basket containing an assortment of plants arrived. I was thrilled. They could not replace what I had lost but they came close. An African Violet is not a peace lily. . . but my Grandma always had African Violets in her window. And the new Ivy plant was actually thriving more than my old one.
I'm so happy to have some plant life in my life again. . . . :)

0 comments: