Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Vocab

You've probably noticed that Joseph's vocabulary has grown quite a bit in recent months. Given that he's a boy and boys usually take longer to talk, it's been really nice to be able to have conversations and to be understood. Of course, I still don't always understand him but that's getting better too.

Here is an example of a conversation we have several times a day:

Joseph: Momma?
me: yes, Joseph. . .
Joseph: Momma? Why blah de blah du blah bo blah
me: well Joseph - I'm not sure but how about we change your diaper?
Joseph: huh uh! (while running into the other room)

Joseph: Momma?
me: yes, Joseph . .
Joseph: Momma? How blah du blah bo blah
me: well Joseph - I don't know exactly what you're saying so why don't we pick this conversation back up when I can understand the rest of your words
Joseph: (thinks his momma is silly)

Very inquisitive little guy. . . can't wait to until he can actually ask all the questions and I can actually understand them. . . and answer them. . . over and over and over and over and over. . .

0 comments: