Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

conversational Joseph

case #1
Aftin, Christopher & I are sitting on the couch when Joseph walks up.
Aftin: "Hi Joseph"
Joseph: raises hand to wave and says "Hi Aftin"
Joseph: reaches out right hand to me
Momma: thinking this is a good time to work on social skills takes right hand in "hand shake" mode.
Joseph: "nicetomeetcha momma"
Momma: stunned silence
Joseph: moving on to daddy and extending his right hand
Daddy: also in stunned silence takes extended hand
Joseph" nicetomeetcha daddy"

case #2
Christopher, Joseph and I went to dinner the other evening. Joseph was having a hard time staying focused on eating his dinner because he kept wanting to hug me. Sweet, yes. A little naughty, also yes.
Then he put his arm around me, put the other hand on my face and, leaning in close, said: "you're so precious momma."
Now how do you make him sit down and eat his dinner after that? :-)

1 comments:

mim Claire said...

Great! I love it Emily. Those "sweet" little boys have a way of getting to us don't they! Happy New Year to you and your family and praying you have a great pregnancy and quick delivery on your next sweet little guy. God Bless you! Mama Claire