Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jo. . . SEPH

Ever since Joseph could say his name, he has been saying "Jofus." I would try to get him to say "Joseph."

me: "Joe"
J: "Joe"
me: "seph"
J: "fus!"

We turned a corner a few weeks ago and he now says Jo-SEPH. It takes a little thought and there is definitely a pause between the "Jo" and the "SEPH." However, it doesn't end there. He now has to say his whole name - every time. "Jo-SEPH Henry Swearingen!" This has led to him saying everyone's whole name every time.
"Mama Swearingen"
"Daddy Swearingen"
"Jo-SEPH Henry Swearingen"

Let me take you back to a few months ago when Joseph was trying to call us by our first names.

me: "we don't say Christopher - we say Daddy" - "we don't say Emilie - we say mama"

We finally nipped the "Christopher" and "Emilie" phase in the bud. However, this has caused an issue when trying to get him to say Baby Jacob's whole name.

me: "Jacob Christopher Swearingen"
J: "Jacob Daddy Swearingen!"

3 comments:

五王 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I have been laughing out loud! That kid cracks me up!

Jennie said...

Very cute!