Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

More organizing

We've lived in our house for two weeks shy of a year now. . . and we're still unpacking and getting settled. I feel like we've made great strides and then I look around and see so much more that we want to do. I almost always have an organizational project going . . . and lists. I have lots of lists. I have a list of things that need to be done and the order in which to do them. I have a list of sewing projects and building projects and purchasing projects.

Some things are little. Like the fireplace screen. We had the screen in Charleston and had it bolted to the floor in front of the gas heater to keep little Joseph away from danger. Now we have it sitting in front of our fireplace. Joseph is big enough not to bother it but with our new little one on the move, we needed to secure it somehow. After a family trip to Home Depot on Saturday, we found just the thing and Christopher installed it. Another weekend project consisted of finally putting up curtains in the dining room. Interestingly enough, there have been two things we have been unable to find since moving into our house. I knew they had to be here somewhere but could not figure out where they could be. When Christopher opened up the plastic bin where I had all the curtain hanging accessories he found both of the items!

And a few weeks ago I tackled the boys' clothes. I had moved all of them in vacuumed storage bags but that wasn't so convenient for easy access. So I got out every stitch of clothing and organized it in piles around the nursery. Then I bought plastic bins and labeled them. By the way - have I mentioned how thankful I am for an attic?!!! So now all of the clothing they can wear is organized in their closets and drawers and everything else is in labeled bins in the attic.We also bought 2 additional bins at Home Depot this weekend. (Joseph picked out orange ones. It's his favorite color which just fills his daddy's UT loving-heart with joy.) While most of the boys' clothes will eventually be passed on to other little boys to wear, there are a few items that were given to them that I just can't part with. I wanted to start a "keepsake bin" for each of them. So - another thing off the list!

0 comments: