Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

coffee

One of the very first things that happens every morning - somebody makes coffee. By the time Joseph wakes up Momma & Daddy usually both have a cup in hand. In fact - the first time Joseph mimicked me - it was by holding a cup and taking a pretend sip followed by a "ahhhh." Um yah, didn't even realize until then that I did that. All this to say - Joseph realizes that coffee is pretty important around here.

On Monday, a few minutes after Christopher left for work, I realized that he had left his "To Go" cup sitting on the counter. I felt bad that he didn't have it but was also glad that I was going to get a little extra as I had just finished mine and the pot was empty. I remarked to Joseph that Daddy had forgotten his coffee.

J1: "Oh No! Daddy forgot his coffee! We need to take it to him. We need to take it to him before he comes back home. Daddy needs his coffee."
me: "I think Daddy will be ok Joseph."
J1: "We need to take Daddy his coffee I think. He doesn't have his coffee."
me: "Well - why don't we call him and check."

(phone call to daddy which confirmed that we indeed did not need to take the coffee to the office.)

J1: "I am so sad for daddy that he doesn't have his coffee."

Fast forward 24 hours. It's now Tuesday and Joseph and Daddy are getting ready to leave for school/work.

Daddy: "Joseph I just need to get my lunch and then we'll be ready to go!"
J1: "And don't forget your coffee today daddy!"

0 comments: