Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

sleeping bag/toy bag

Joseph is learning about camping at school this week. Tomorrow they are supposed to wear their jammies and take sleeping bags so they can camp at school. I will have a detailed post on that later as this post is about the sleeping bag. Joseph doesn't have one so Grandma boxed up a little one from her house and mailed it to us this week. It arrived yesterday and has been a whole lot of fun. First it was a boat and Joseph "rowed" himself all over the downstairs in it. Then it was an actual sleeping bag in which he snuggled last evening before bedtime. Finally last night it became a toy storage bag. He basically cleared off his toy table and several shelves into the bag. This included puzzles, animals, cars, sticker books and more. I gave him the usual speech - "it's ok to make a mess as long as we clean it up." Followed by - "tomorrow morning you will have to put all these toys away." It is tomorrow morning and he isn't too thrilled about having to clean up his mess.
Ergo this conversation:
J1: "please help me clean up momma!"
me: "did I put all those toys in the bag?"
J1: "no"
me: "who put all the toys in the bag?"
J1: "I did"
me: "so who do you think should clean it up?"
J1: "me. . . . . . " (in the most resigned little voice you ever heard)

I think the picking-up process isn't as bad as he feared. He appears to be having quite a bit of fun.

0 comments: