Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

school work

Joseph loves cutting up things. And by loves - I mean - with a passion. He would sit and cut up a plain sheet of paper all day long. While this is great for his motor skills. . . . I'm not a huge fan of cleaning up little shards of paper from the hardwoods, the couch, the carpet, the stairs, the kitchen tiles. . . you get the picture. But I do it (often) because . . .it's just paper . . . and it is cleanable. Yesterday I got the bright idea to find some worksheets online for him. I found a website with homeschool worksheets and printed out a few selections from the pre-school tab. Joseph has been talking a lot about numbers being in order lately (thanks to a recent Mickey Mouse episode). The 4 worksheets I printed out have blocks of numbers on the top to cut out and then paste in order on the bottom row of blocks. Joseph is now happily sitting at his table cutting out the number blocks. Once he's done we'll get out the glue stick. yay! :)

2 comments:

The Balls said...

is joseph left handed? so cute! ellison is into scissors too...sometimes i find bills shredded - thank goodness you can view/pay everything online these days!

Emilie said...

I think he's right handed but he tries to do stuff with his left hand sometimes. he writes and colors with his right hand. So true about the bills. . . I always have to double check what he's cutting.