Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On the menu - July 13

We are having a few repeats on our menu plan for this week instead of posting our menu for every day, I am just going to highlight a few new recipes we are going to try.

Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches - we are going to have this Sunday evening.

Zucchini Stir-Fry - this is a great summer side dish. Grate up zucchini and combine with a chopped onion. Sautee' in olive oil with salt & pepper. Delish!

Doro Wat - this is a traditional Ethiopian stew. We were giving an international cookbook as a wedding present and this is one of our favorite recipes from it. It it usually pretty spicy so I cut down on the amount of cayenne pepper. I'm adding a link for a recipe that is pretty similar to the one I use.

I have been working very hard and trying to cut our grocery budget while still being creative and serving up yummy food. I have posted a few couponing blogs I like in the past and will add a few new ones below. I have also been tracking all our grocery receipts and last month we saved a little over 20%. I am my own worst competition so I am trying to up that percentage this month.

more couponing/saving links:

Addicted to Saving
Grocery Coupon Guide - this guy eats for $1 a day!

0 comments: