Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Helpful Tips

My new favorite blog to read is Small Notebook. I have been on an organize/purge/re-organize binge of late and have gotten some great ideas off of this blog.

My latest project - getting rid of Joseph's crafts/art projects/coloring masterpieces.

I have been loath to throw away any of the beautiful creations that he brings home from church, school and the library. I dutifully hang up the many finger paintings, water paintings and otherwise markered, crayoned and stickered papers he creates at home. But they are beginning to pile up . . . and really, am I going to to just box them up and keep them forever?

So I took this tip to heart. This morning Joseph and I dug out all the pieces of art we could find and made a pile on the living room floor. Then we both got out our cameras and went to work capturing the individual pages. Some of the items required Joseph to pose with them. I categorized all the pictures on the computer and we disposed of the originals (except for a favored few).

I am so excited about the de-cluttering we did this morning!


1 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh thanks for the link to that blog. I love finding great new blogs and I have been all about trying to get rid of and organize more things. A few episodes of the hoarders show does amazing things for my ability to put something in the trash or garage sale bag. I love the pics. of Joseph with his artwork and while I have thought of taking pictures of their artwork I love the idea of actually having the child (who is is actually a lovely piece of art also) in the picture.