Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

On the menu - August 26

Here are a few new recipes we are trying this week and next:

Homemade Noodles & Peanut sauce salad bowl w/ chicken

I am going to make my own noodles for this recipe and am adding chicken for my meat-loving boys.

Pork Chop Suey
I bought a whole pork loin at the store last week because it was on a great sale. I cut half of it up as chops which we had last night and will use the other half for this recipe.

Also - after my recent post regarding the frozen garlic/onion chicken stock I received this great kitchen tip via email from Christopher's Aunt Janet.

"I keep a ziplock baggie going in the freezer for “soup”. It may this time have chicken and pintos and corn and mushrooms and next time have limas, lamb and tomatoes etc. You get the idea. Just too hard to throw out the veggies, but I have found it is the “pot liquor” from the veggies is where all the flavor is. Then I adjust the seasoning to my taste and add whatever is in the fridge. Actually wish sometimes I had the actual ingredients when it turns out really great!"

Currently my ziplock baggie contains the following: rice, broccoli, limas and peas.

0 comments: